Who Are We:
RAIN: a widely recognized, respected and engaging parent driven group which strives to support, educate and promote inclusion in our community and schools.
We are a team of parents in Riverside district 96 and the surrounding communities, available to:
- Provide support to other parents.
- Provide resources for parents, students, and teachers.
- Assist with transitions (ECE to Kindergarten, Grade school to Hauser, Hauser to RB High School, RB to college/trade school).
- Identify concerns of parents and the school and collaborate on solutions.
- Provide all students the opportunity to participate in school functions/events in the community.
- Promote community acceptance of all people regardless of their differences.
As members of the committee all information at the meetings must be kept confidential to protect the students. Parents in this group do not necessarily have students with learning differences, but are interested in the inclusion.
The group will accomplish this with:
- Provide resources to parents in need of understanding of the IEP process, inclusion practices, continuing education opportunities, and more.
- Promote friendly community activities.
- Educate the community to promote inclusion and awareness of differences.
- Collaborate with teachers, paraprofessionals, staff, volunteers, parents, administrations, and students with concerns/issues.
- Working with administration as needed regarding Inclusion practices.
- Communicate concerns to PTA/PTO meetings.
- Work with administration/Board of Education as needed.